Friday, May 6, 2011

Unreleased War's update - Now integrating with Facebook Chat

Well the Declare war got another update First off we have a new unreleased image of a change coming to the War Feature
The only info I have so far is this new feature will be integrated with the Facebook Chat option, allowing you to send messages to those who are online to help you with your Wars.... Now for quite some time people have been using the facebook Chat option to send me request to help them with Wars, Sure its a nice convenient option, but in my case along with many other users out there, we might leave our computers running whilst we get up and go have dinner, go out, play with kids, or even go to work... In fact coming from the Computer Profession, I know the most common use of the Home Computer is to turn it on in the morning and let it run all day....

But think about it for those of us who HAVE 5000 Friends already, and are dealing with Mafia Wars spam every day, How many of you want to come back to your Computers and find 20 or 30 facebook popups asking for Help in their Wars, Or better yet, for those of us who CLOSE the browser rather then logging off at the end of the night, our chat messages will be automatically forwarded to our inbox! Yay for yet more Spam!!!!

Really I think this is one of the WORST IDEAS that Zynga has ever come up with, and gives good reasons to either play the game unframed OR turn off Facebook Chat, or better yet remove those friends who use this feature!

Post your thoughts on this "Wonderful" feature that Zynga has come up with, Do you Really need more Spam in your life?

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy! Another source of clutter to deal with while attempting to be a good mafia member by helping them while begging them to help me.

    Since I got tired of all the unsolicited chat pop-ups and turned it off, this particular "enhancement" won't affect my play. I guess some one at Zynga thinks we are so new to computers that we couldn't possibly figure out how to use FB chat to accomplish the same function.

    Looking forward to all the "enhancements" this feature will undoubtedly provide given the fine quality control function the Zynga staff has historically exhibited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had chat turned off since I began playing about 2 years ago, mainly, b/c it kept crashing or freezing my browser. To me Facebook chat has always been a disaster

    ReplyDelete