Wednesday, March 30, 2011

How good is your Spanish?

Well this has been a problem plaguing a few accounts for a while players properties changing language without warning, Here is the port in Italy, showing Spanish. Notice that Zynga can still get "Buy again 16RP" in English!

Secondly here is is my workshop in Brazil Yes you can see my default language is English yet Zynga for some reason thinks this works better.

Personally I'm not sure what language this is, Google translate is undecided if its Spanish or Italian... Maybe its both! If anyone out there knows for sure what language this is PLEASE comment below!

As this is a issue I've seen many people complain about I thought I would go check the support site to see if i could find something to fix it myself, the good news is a found a support document the problem was it wasn't any help at all

I was lucky enough to find Live chat, the bad news is they didn't have a answer either :(
Transcript
Jane: Hello

Jane: i wanted to ask you why is some of my brazilian properties in spanish?

Arvin G.: Can you try to check if Spanish is also selected on the language settings of Mafia Wars.
Jane: its not
Jane: sometimes they are in english and sometimes in spanish
Arvin G.: Thank you for confirming that. I would need to further investigate about the problem that you have encountered there might be a display error with regards to your account that needs to be adjusted but I do not have the tool to update it.

Arvin G.: I am sorry, but unfortunately I am unable to resolve your issue at this particular time. I am forwarding your issue to our development team for research and this process may take some time.  

The only thing I'm glad of is a Picture speaks in every language, so at least I can memorise the images and know what I'm building!

5 comments:

  1. I just HATE when people think that... spanish is the language in Brazil... -_-´

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Spanish and means something like "Upon buying a Good neighbour you receive +5 health"

    I would have put "Has comprado un Bueno Vecino, y has recibido +5 salud" (you have bought a Good Neighbour and you have received +5 health) but then I am by no means fluent and wouldn't know the technically correct way to say it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous i have no idea what language is used in Brazil, I've never really thought about it, but Google translate thought half the words in my Brazil workshop where Spanish and the other half where Italian so either Googles wrong, or Zynga REALLY messed up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Italian and Spanish are both Latin based that could be why the translation is unsure. Either way it should translate the same into English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the words between the languages are very similar, if not the same, it's easy to confuse a computer.

    ReplyDelete